Sunday, January 8, 2012

Tool # 6 - Using Web Tools

My class is using Edmodo.  They were so excited to set up their accounts.  I like Edmodo for classroom use because it is a private site and I can manage the account.  We are using Edmodo in our class to correspond with one another on current events and other classroom assignments.  I am now managing book club groups on Edmodo.  The students are excited to chat back and forth regarding their books.  I hope this tool will increase getting their thoughts down and encourage them to discuss their books using different types of tools. It is also handy that Edmodo can be accesses with many types of devices.

Wallwisher- I would like to try this with my students.  This could be used in many ways in the classroom and it can also be managed.  Wallwisher could be used as a way to correspond on particular subjects, make sticky notes on books that are being read in class and as an organizer.  It was so easy to set up and I believe the students would enjoy posting on wallwisher.

http://www.wallwisher.com/wall/lincecum

2 comments:

  1. I am impressed with the work you've done on your Tools Training.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 5th graders are so in to technology...sounds like they are learning and having fun...

    ReplyDelete